Is Jasper Howard Living or Dead?

Has Player of American football Jasper Howard died? Or is he still alive?

Living or Dead? Celebrities, films, tv shows, birthdays, deaths ... your one-stop shop to satisfy your morbid curiosity.

Player of American football

Jasper Howard is ...

Born 28 Jan 1989 in Miami
Died 18 Oct 2009 in Mansfield
Age20 years, 8 months
Jasper Howard
Jasper Howard
Monument to en:Connecticut Huskies football player en:Jasper Howard, erected in en:Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on November 1, 2014. Howard was murdered on the UConn campus in October 2009. Inscribed on the monument is the quote "Play each play like it's the last play you will ever play", given by Howard in an interview shortly before his death.

About Jasper Howard

Jasper Tyrone Howard (January 28, 1989 – October 18, 2009), was a cornerback for the University of Connecticut Huskies from 2007 to 2009. He was fatally stabbed on October 18, 2009, hours after UConn's win over the Louisville Cardinals.


Just after midnight on the morning of October 18, Howard and some of his teammates were at an on-campus dance to celebrate the 38-25 homecoming win over Louisville. Jasper was stabbed to death outside the Student Union Center on the UConn campus where the dance was held. On Monday, October 19, 2009 police arrested Johnny Hood, 21, of Hartford, Connecticut. Police said that Hood had been charged with interfering with an officer and with breaching the peace, but that he had not been charged in the stabbing death of Howard.

Subsequently, arrests were made in connection with Howard's murder. John William Lomax III, 21, was scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, October 28 on charges of murder and conspiracy to commit assault in the Oct. 18 death of Jasper Howard, police said. His bond was set at $2 million. Police also arrested two other people in connection with the fight that led to Howard's death. Hakim Muhammad, 20, was charged with conspiracy to commit assault and Jamal Todd, 21, faces a felony charge of falsely reporting an incident and a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment for pulling a fire alarm that emptied the dance early that Sunday morning. On January 14, 2011, Lomax pleaded no contest to first degree manslaughter, and on March 25, 2011, he was sentenced to 18 years in prison.